Scientologists Taking Action Against Discrimination
Our mission is to protect Scientologists from intolerance and prejudice and to dispel rumors and lies about the Scientology religion, Scientologists, Church leadership and our Founder.
The purpose of Scientologists Taking Action Against Discrimination (STAND) is to end forever the defamation and bigotry toward Scientologists and the Scientology religion and to protect everyone’s basic inalienable right to practice their chosen faith.
Scientologists Taking Action Against Discrimination:
- Exposes and dispels rumors and lies about Scientology, Scientologists and the Founder of the religion.
- Lays bare anti-religious extremists and bigots.
- Monitors and reports hate crimes.
- Provides hate crime/hate speech reporting mechanisms.
- Unites religious and human rights groups in a fight against religious persecution and bigotry.
- Reports important news and development in securing religious liberty internationally.
- Brings together communities in the name of religious freedom.
- Provides expertises on the Scientology religion.
History of Scientologists Taking Action Against Discrimination (STAND)
Scientologists Taking Action Against Discrimination (STAND) was founded to put a stop to incitement of bigotry and hate crimes, and to secure religious freedom for Man. STAND exists to expose bias and to maintain basic human rights for Scientologists and for everyone.
In an effort to bring about understanding and tolerance this website provides factual information about rumors and falsehoods concerning the Church of Scientology. It also contains information and resources to use to report hate speech and hate crimes and bring to justice those perpetrating it.
For the Church of Scientology position on human rights, see Church of Scientology International Proclamation on Religion, Human Rights and Society, 17 September 2003. For full information on the Scientology religion, its beliefs and practices and frequently asked questions, go to www.scientology.org.